Saturday, July 24, 2010

Two weeks old

Myles is 2 weeks old today. I can't believe it's already been 2 weeks.... In another 2 weeks Brent will have to go back to work :( Thank goodness I don't have to go back to work in 2 weeks! I met with the powers-that-be at work and I now get to take the entire first grading period off of work! So I get to stay at home with Baby Myles until October 14th! I know it will be hard to go back even then, so I'm glad I was able to postpone it for a little longer. :)

This week Myles had his first bath - I was so nervous!!! Thank God my mom is here to teach me things like that. He actually did very well and didn't cry at all. In fact, when we gave him his second bath this week, he slept through the first half of it! Haha



Myles has also found a new favorite thing: HIS SWING!!! He absolutely loves it! He is so fascinated with the mobile on it and he seems to really enjoy the motion. He coos and waves his arms while watching the sea creatures on the mobile go by. So cute. :)



On another note, we had some excitement in the house today that was not entirely revolved around the new baby. I have so far lost 27 pounds since giving birth, so I thought I would try to get my wedding bands back on. BIG MISTAKE. They did go ON (admittedly after quite a bit of work), but it became very clear very quickly that they couldn't come back off. I tried and tried, and Brent tried and tried, and Mom tried and tried, and by then my finger was purple and majorly swollen. So...we packed up Myles and went to the fire station to have my ring cut off. The firefighters were really nice and didn't laugh at me at all (at least not until I left). They cleanly cut the rings off for free even though the exact same procedure would have cost us like $500 if we'd gone to the Emergency Room. When my fingers are back to normal, I can get the jeweler to fix my rings. They did a nice clean job. :) So the moral of the story is: if you get a ring stuck on your finger, go the a fire station, not the ER. Actually, the real moral of the story probably is not to force your wedding rings back on your finger 2 weeks after you had a baby.




No comments:

Post a Comment