Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Time has slipped away...

Well I haven't updated this blog in almost a month. Whoops. I really have very good intentions, but my free time has become less and less in the last few weeks. Mom stayed with us for three weeks after Myles was born, but then she had to go back to work. Then last week Brent had to go back to work. So for the last week and a half, Myles and I have been hanging out just the two of us - thus less free time (but also very enjoyable to get to chill just him and me).
So...let's see. At his 1 month appointment, Myles weighed in at 11 pounds 12.5 ounces (2 pound 10.5 ounce gain from birth) and measured 23 inches (1 inch growth from birth). He's in the 95th percentile for both weight and height - he's going to be a BIG BOY! I expect he'll be taller than both Brent and me. Here's Myles' one month picture:

Also since I last updated, Brent's younger brother Gaven, who is in the Air Force, and his wife Jillian came home on leave. It was the first time they got to meet Myles. So Myles got to hangout with Uncle Gav and Aunt Jilli - very fun. :) Of course, my camera battery died before I could get very many pictures, but here are a few.


As far as milestones go, Myles has gotten pretty good at holding his head up for several seconds when he's on his tummy and has just started to smile and laugh in response to us. Of course, Brent got him to laugh first (what would you expect when one parent is a comedian?), but I got him to do it too. :) Myles also has now taken a bottle a few times, which is new because I'm nursing. It's pretty cool for Brent to get to be involved with his feedings too, and Myles was much less confused after the first time. :)

So tomorrow I have my 6 week postpartum check up with my OB doctor, so I will officially be considered recovered from delivery. I feel really great, so it almost feels a little silly for me to need to be "released" back to activity. I've even resumed some of my cheerleading coaching responsibilities. :) But it will be nice to no longer be considered an invalid. Hahaha :)
Also happening tomorrow is the arrival of my Aunt Gayle. She is coming to visit us for about 2 weeks. I'm really looking forward to it because I haven't really had a chance to spend much time with her since my wedding week - and that was 4 1/2 years ago! I'm sure we will have some fun adventures and pictures to post later. And hopefully she can help me get the time to post them on here. :)
Alright, it could be a while before I get to post again, so to tide you over, here are a few of my favorite pictures from the last few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment