Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Waiting Game

Myles is not ready to come yet. We had our 39 week doctor appointment today and so far we are a no-go for launch. I am so eager to hold my little one, and I'm a little concerned my tailbone is going to snap off if the baby doesn't get off of it pretty soon! Anyhow, the doctor did set up a date to induce me in case Myles doesn't decide to come on his own before then. So, assuming I don't go into labor before then, it looks like July 10th is the deadline. While that seems FOREVER away, it would be a cool birthday for Myles to have because he would share it with his Grandpa Gary. :) But in the meantime, we are just playing the waiting game. Maybe he will come soon........

We've had a LOT of rain this week. Thunderstorms have hit most days this week, and a few days had multiple storms! In fact, yesterday the storms were so bad that a dam broke and the lake that Brent's mom lives on rose about 10 feet! YIKES! Their pontoon boat very nearly was at their back door! The picture below shows their boat when the water was still up WAY too high. About half of their deck stairs are underwater in this photo. Luckily, the lake has receded back a lot and is now almost back to normal. Thank goodness! Let's hope Mother Nature gives us a break for a little bit. I'm kinda over the storms for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment