Thursday, June 17, 2010

Wrapping up loose ends

With just a few short weeks to go before D-Day (delivery), I've been trying to get some things in order since I figure I won't have the energy to do much except newborn care here shortly. :)

We did finish our gardening project. I am really, really happy with how it turned out, and the plants seem to be doing very well, which is a feat in and of itself. :)



I've also been working on wrapping up sub plans for my maternity leave. It makes me very paranoid to have someone in my classroom for that long, especially at the beginning of the school year. I've realized that I definitely have some control issues with my classroom! Anyhow, hopefully I can get the finishing touches on my binder of materials, and I can put that out of my mind...at least for now!

We've also spent some time hanging out with friends, swimming, and otherwise enjoying ourselves. Not much left in the lazy days of summer, I guess. Better enjoy it while I can. As much as I want Myles here (NOW!), and as sore and achy as I am (and I AM!), I realize that things will never be as they are now, so I'm trying to concentrate on enjoying this last little stretch.

3 comments:

  1. You're so ready for him...it isn't funny! By the way...the control issues are normal...you should have seen me when I turned over my classroom to two student teachers. I'm really excited for you and Brent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just thinking yesterday about how much I want Meredith here, because I am SO over being pregnant but that Chris and I are just about to not be "single" anymore, which kind of makes me sad. I know we planned her but it makes me think about what everyone said to us about waiting several more years before we have children so we can enjoy each other more. Kind of a panic attack last night! haha!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If all goes well and you have him on your due date Melinda and I will be back in Indiana to welcome him into this world. Did not think we would be in Indiana for his big day. I am so glad we will be.
    Denny

    ReplyDelete